Monday, September 26, 2016

Blog Number 3!

I am a pretty technology savvy dude with a handful of good ideas so the one ELA technology standard I think I am most prepare to teach is SL. 5 Using Digital Media. I have always been one to go above and beyond whether it be a speech/powerpoint, creating a video for a class, or using digital media in another way that is innovative and refreshing. It’s almost likely that by the time I enter the teaching field my students will have surpassed e in knowledge of technology. Digital media was always a facet of learning that grabbed my attention more than others due to the customization and way you can cater it to your needs/desires. Since i’d be teaching, digital media could be a great way for experiencing different medias of poetry and short stories. The technology standard that would require the most preparation is RHST. 7 Multimedia: History/Social Studies not because of technology but because I was never good at history or social studies. Although I have a few ideas on how to implement technology into the criteria, I would still need to do a lot of research just for content knowledge.
I would like to teach freshman/9th grade so blending technology into the curriculum should be nothing too out of my league. Most students entering high school already have a solid grasp on the types of programs/applications needed for technology integration. Some applications i’d like to use would be a class discussion board for homework assignments and to be used like an online forum for the students to have open discussions. Other apps include grammar correction and even language learning apps to really help open the mind to more possibilities. Another application I could use would be a personality app to help connect better to my students and to learn more about them as individuals.

Well for starters I never knew how to design a newsletter the official way, only the rogue DIY style that my brain to conjure up. The newsletter seems easy to do, but every step seemed like something i’d never used before and I fell behind because of my ignorance. It was very informative and “fun” to do, but the tasks to get there were a lot harder than originally thought.  I can improve it next time by taking notes and asking more questions during the process. A newsletter is a skill that is very applicable to the classroom since most teachers send out some sort of information update to parents. It’s also good outside the classroom for scenarios like church, writing articles, or perhaps for information in regards to a hobby.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed, I always just made things look like they were formatted correctly... never knew the correct way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I always just made things look like they were formatted correctly... never knew the correct way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally right, you age group of students should already have a basic knowledge on certain technologies.Getting a personality apps is different and sounds cool and fun!

    ReplyDelete